Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What is your main take away from this course?

Before taking this class, I thought I understood OT, but I really had so much to learn. This foundations course set the "foundation" for my education in occupational therapy and has given me the confidence to be a holistic practitioner. My main take away from this course is to meet clients where they are. My goal is to look at every aspect of the client, down to every little detail. There is not a set way to treat every client, but there is a set mindset and attitude that I can choose to display every single day of my career.

I would like to thank you Professor Lancaster for being an amazing teacher, and for being a true ambassador of the students. You have been one of the best teachers I have ever had, and I would love to emulate your teaching style in every aspect of my career, your attention to details made me push myself to be the best student I can be. I look forward to the continued knowledge I'm going to gain from you throughout my time at UTHSC.

PS-I really do love to blog now! (never thought I would say that in a million years)

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Eric! Thank you so much for the post and for being such an inspired, hard-working student.

    ReplyDelete