Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ulla Carin Case Study Group 5

ALS is a very annoying disease, and continues to effect the lives of many. Ulla Carin had an amazing life, and was a very intelligent women. She was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 49, and passed away at the age of 50. With accommodations, Ulla began to write a book about her journey with ALS, and actually finished the book before she passed away. I look forward to reading the book one day. I enjoyed how Lauren went over the roles of OT with Ulla, and looked to meet the needs of the client. Every patient is different and will require different needs, but my biggest take away is to keep the client as comfortable as possible. If I have have the privilege of working with an ALS client, I will make sure the client and family knows that I truly care about them, and that we are going on this journey together. I will do my best to keep a smile on my client's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment