Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Nuro Blog 4-5-17

Reading about your father was certainly an emotional rollercoaster for me, but I am very thankful that  you shared the story with us students. First off I want to say that I admire your father's work ethic and his drive to be in excellent physical condition, he very much reminded me of my father (which made the story even more emotional for me). As most of us mentioned in class, I was in shock how awful the hospital team treated your family and how often they never directly answered the questions or concerns your family had. As an OT I hope to always be direct and intentional with clients and their families. I would also like to mention that I have always considered myself a person with much empathy and will likely always be that way due to own person struggles that I had growing up, but after watching the first video in class today I realized there are still areas of empathy that I need to work on. It's important to realize that all people have issues seen and unseen, and it should be our goal daily to just really love on people, not only as clinicians, but also just as regular people!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Eric, and I appreciate your comments in class on this topic (and others) as well. You already have lots of OT-think going on, and I can tell you are going to make an exceptionally empathetic, very client-centered OT practitioner. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete