Monday, April 3, 2017

NOAP Daily Challenge 1

I related very strongly to the TedMed presented today in class. I was born premature (3 months early), and could fit in the palm of my dad's hand. Due to my premature birth I struggled very early on in elementary school all the way through high school. I understand the pain that Aimee felt through the "labeling" that can be connected with the word disability. I believe as a young student that I was often labeled because of my disability, and sadly I was believing the labels about myself which often gave me a negative image towards myself. Thankfully God began to do a huge work in my life, and brought individuals into my life that inspired me to be the best version of myself no matter the circumstances. Although I still have small struggles, I continue to be the best student/person I can be. I hope one day to inspire kids that are going through similar struggles. As educators it is important that we choose our words wisely and consider how often we "label" students or people in general. It is stories like Aimee that inspire me to continue to be the best that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment