Tuesday, February 28, 2017

How does the OTPF guide OT practice?

The OTPF guides OT's today with a "top down approach". This approach looks at the person/patient as a whole, this is important because other approaches look to simply fix the patient and their "chief complaint". When looking at the patient as a whole, you get to see the big picture and can base your intervention on wants, needs, and desires of the patient. I love the fact that as an occupational therapist I'm going to constantly be meeting the needs of others, not only in a clinical way, but also in a much deeper meaningful way. If the patient is passionate about "horse back riding", I'm going to be doing everything in my power to get the patient back on a horse. If the patient finds value in it, then so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment